Well folks, here we are at the beginning of Twenty Twelfty! I thought I’d cast an eye back on the last twelve months in the life of EleventyFour and pick out the bestest bits. I had an amazing year and I am very thankful for it all. A huge thank you to everyone who has supported me, family and friends, everyone who came to gigs, booked gigs, helped to make the EP and the video, bought the EP, wrote nice reviews, played it on the radio, awarded me with a Grammy etc etc
- State Magazine’s Faces of 2011
- Whelans ‘Ones To Watch’ Festival
- The John Murray Show RTE Radio 1 (Kathryn Thomas was filling in for John, I resisted the urge to serenade her with Mary Black’s ‘No Frontiers’)
- Mutant Cabaret, The Roundy, Cork. Lovely night to play at and I got the best compliment after the gig: “I haven’t been that entertained since I watched Spinal Tap for the first time.” Thank you Simon MacHale.
- In January and February I recorded my debut EP with
ultra fabulousbanjo-obsessed producer Steve Lynch at Stellarsound.
- Longlisted in the Emerging Talent Competition to play on the main stage at Glastonbury. *swoon*
- Featured in Flush The Fashion
- My debut EP The Joy Imperative released 11/4/11
- In-store gig Tower Records, Dublin
- Launch gig at Matchbox Theatre Dublin
- Tracks from EP played on Today fm, 2xm, 2fm, Phantom, Raidio Na Life, Cork Campus Radio, Flirt fm
- Top 50 Irish Artsts – 2UIBestow
- Nice reviews!
- My first tour, traversed the country to: An Crúibín (formerly The Lobby) Cork, The Loft, Limerick, Róisín Dubh, Galway, The Spirit Store, Dundalk The Workman’s Club, Dublin.
- Featured by U.S. site Serial Optimist
- The Friend Song used in a promo video for Cork which is shown before a live screening of Tosca broadcast in 56 countries around Europe. (Maybe I should write an Eleventy opera, I’m so cultured me)
- Ten Days In Dublin Festival – Storymap at The Workman’s Club
- Back on The John Murray Show with John himself and comedian Gearóid Farrelly.
- Played at Electric Picnic. Read about it here.
- Named in The 15 Best Bands At Electric Picnic by top Irish music blogger Nialler9.
- Gigs at S.U. Sessions at Galway University and Hard Working Class Heroes festival Dublin.
- Wayne on Fair City (Irish tv soap) wears a one off EleventyFour t-shirt! You can read Red Lemonade’s very funny blog about it here
- Eleventy featured in U Magazine
- Gigs at Oxjam, Brown Bread Mixtape at the Twisted Pepper, Fundraiser for See Change.
- Review for The Friend Song on Boost The Music
- Had lots of fun making The Friend Song video which was featured on State Magazine, Broadsheet, Entertainment.ie, Pop Culture Monster, Red Lemonade, Culch.ie, and Goldenplec.
- Swear I’m Not Paul’s Top Irish EPs of 2011 “Ireland’s answer to Feist”
- EleventyFour on BalconyTV (Stop me if you know this one… It’s The Friend Song!)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *